Symptoms of the Most Common Eye Diseases
Here’s a quick summary of symptoms of the most common eye diseases you need to “keep an eye out for.”
- Cataracts: A gradual increase in blurry vision, sometimes described as looking through cloudy glass. Also increased sensitivity to the glare of sunlight, bright lights or headlights at night.
- Glaucoma: Loss of peripheral vision, blurry vision, halo around lights, eye pain, nausea and vomiting. Eventually can lead to blindness.
- Macular Degeneration: Slow, painless loss of vision, shadowy areas in central vision, unusually fuzzy or distorted vision. In rare cases a sudden loss of vision.
- Digital Fatigue: Eye strain, blurred vision, headaches, neck and shoulder pain.
- Diabetic Retinopathy: Blurred vision, “floaters” or spots in vision, severe vision loss, blindness.